|Object Software Ontwikkeling (OSO) has been involved with systems to manage
tools and equipment since 1990. The current 32-bit Windows version is based on experience we
have with equipment management systems in general and the Fokker Aircraft Tool
Management Systems (BAG) in particular. This 32 bit-Windows Tool Management
System has been redesigned from the ground up in 1999 to replace the old non year 2000
compliant DOS (not developed nor supported by OSO) ProTool system with old barcode
readers at the Rotterdam Refinery of Esso Benelux. The current version of TMS is
now being used by several ExxonMobil sites in the Benelux, the UK and Norway and
is also in use at other customers.
Release 2.90 build 205, Januari 2018
New modern and
adaptable look of TMS by using skins (WindowàStyle).
options to restructure TMS: delete and
Merge Product Groups, Products, Departments and Employees to
restructure your TMS site.
searchbox to all listviews to
productcodes, descriptions, serials etc… and
find items where item price or total value is less than,
greater than or between a given range.
to search for text in notes in the TMS global searchbox
(files and links) can be added to Products, Items and Employees.
Lend or issue
tools directly from the Stock toolbar (drag and drop still
Drag and drop
tools from all relevant management screens.
Department, ProductGroup and Employee Function management
Product and Employee management screens with extra selection
simplified dialog when moving tools.
‘Delete History’ functionality
event log functionality
plus improved speed (~5x faster)
Improved site selector where an end-user easily can
connect to a TMS database.
Windows 10 compatible
(tested up to Windows 10 release 1804)
MS SQL Server 2008 and up
compatible (tested up to SQL server 2017)
host can be placed in a different time zone than where TMS is
actually used (global hosting)
modular approach to fulfil future changes with less impact
on Crystal Reports (version 11R2 or 2013) with separate
(allows for integrated custom reports)
standard roll-out of settings, add-ons, custom reports etc…
Import of settings to easily move a TMS configuration from one
PC to another (for non-shared settings)
can be limited to a maximum number of lines (default 500) to
improve speed, while users can request to view all.
serial (RS-232) barcodereader data transfers (no additional
Release 2.80 build 176, March 2013
LAN/WLAN support for Datalogic Windows CE based barcodereaders.
Barcode readers can now sync periodically or on demand via a LAN
or Wireless LAN connection.
- Warning on the barcode reader when scanning a tool that is due for inspection.
- Dropped old ProTool compatibility when processing scanned items.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
Release 2.70 build 170, June 2011
Support for new range of Datalogic Windows CE based barcodereaders to
replace the old Formula series.
- Improved performance on
barcodereader datatransfer i.e. faster data exchange (also for
- SQL2008 R2 compatible.
- Use internal labelprinter (barcode)
printer fonts under Windows 7.
- Improved barcode and text positioning on
Release 2.61 build 153 (nov.2007) … 2.64 build 166,
OSO Remote Support over encrypted connection and with
extra access security (can be disabled).
Windows 7 compatible (both x86 and x64).
Dropped SQL-DMO/SMO functions to simplify SQL data
Removal of the local backup function based on SQL-DMO
(add-on replaces this functionality).
Improved SQL Query Window for support purposes.
Various (25+) minor improvements and fixes.
Release 2.60 build 152, 1/11/2007
Attachments: store multiple files or links for documentation and
manuals (per product and per item)
TMS log; A optionally filtered tree representation of
the TMS history where events are shown per date/time.
Show statistical information of a product/item (no.
of lends, damages etc)
Open a selectable external Crystal Report file (.rpt)
designed for TMS. Client or site specific reports can now easily be
added to TMS.
improved: Find item can also search in product and
improved: The file menu and central toolbar now
always puts the selected screen in the foreground iso toggle the
selected function on or off.
Release 2.51 build 145, 1/1/2007
- Windows Vista compatible (both x86 and x64).
- Improved support for Terminal Server.
- TMS site selector; user can link to a TMS
site at startup or change site from within TMS.
- TMS can now be started more than once on a
single PC but only one session for each site.
- Switched to Crystal Reports as report manager
for improved reporting capabilities.
- Text note per product and per item.
- Various improvements to database, screens and
Release 2.20 build 97, 1/8/2006
- Edit item; The date the item is created is shown and
the Last Inspection Date can now manually be changed.
- Edit item; Added option to change the
- Memo of non-operational items is now also
shown in other and history quick view screens
- increased the width of the company# field in
reports to accomodate the long Electrabel codes
- fix: jump from find window to non-operational
item failed in some cases
- fix: rare freeze of the Itembag when the
buttonstrip is shorter than the number of buttons and the window
itself is moved partly off screen.
- Added option to print new barcode(s) after
change of CompanyNr, EmployeeID or ProductCode
- Added option to change the DepartmentID,
FunctionID and ProductGroupID
- improved: lookup of last owner for returned
serialized items in import/process barcode records process
- improved: date selection on reports now
includes 'to date'
- various minor fixes and improvements.
Release 2.19 build 91, 1/2/2006
- Added: function to change the storage
location for a number of items at once
- Added: Find item function, search for
CompanyNr now also searches SerialNr
- Added: SerialNr permanently shown in all
'Manage->... overview' forms (previously only as tooltip under
- Improved autocomplete function in forms with
the StorageLocation field.
- fix?: F1 - help key failed in some rare cases
- fix: fmProductList, copy product failed.
- Employee list; first 50 chars of employee
note is available as tooltip.
- ProductItems per storage location overview;
left panel with storage locations is incomplete.
- Process itembag; a return of a serialized
product is automatically booked from the last owner.
But when the current owner is 'STOCK', i.e. the item not is
lend, it was booked as a lend by STOCK.
This handling is now improved and the return fails with the '...
doesn't own item' message.
This also applies for non-serialized products which are
automatically booked from the first person
who has lend the equal or more number of items (excluding
- fix: drag n drop on issued items overview in
summarized mode rejected selected employee.
- fix: fmEmployeeEdit, employee edit didn't
show memo (info).
Release 2.18 build 88, 1/12/2005
- Employee, Product and Supplier overviews based on
OSOSQLLV (sorting, usage of colors etc).
- Improved 'find' function in Employee, Product and
- Improved usage of tooltips in listviews (in
overview screens etc)
- Show tools of selected employee from employee
- After 'add to stock' the lends screen will jump
to the item just added for improved feedback.
(previously this screen just refreshed)
- bugfix: ProductItemList; selection of '(all)'
didn't show all items in storage locations
- 'Special barcode transaction handling'
configuration option. Introduced for Electrabel to improve the
handling of existing toolroom labels. The Electrabel option assumes
that all ProductCodes are unique companynrs. Consequently old -
previously automatic - ExxonMobil BNL RR label handling is now made
- bugfix: Quickview 'other', jump to non-serialized
non-operational item (damaged etc) failed (did not select item).
- Change of Supplier ID enabled
- Change of ProductCode enabled
- New historical and statistical reports:
- report 'Items never lent' (actually below threshold and within
- report 'products never issued' ( " " )
- report 'Top 100 of lent products' (within date range)
- report 'Top 100 of lending employees' ( " " )
- report 'Top 100 of issued products'
- report 'Top 100 of employees with issued items'
- report 'Top 100 of damaged products'
- report 'Top 100 of employees with damaged items'
- report 'Top 100 of missing products'
- report 'Top 100 of employees with missing items'
- report 'Top 100 of repaired products'
- report 'Top 100 of discarded products'
- Improvements of the 'Add to Stock' screen
(storage location auto complete etc.)
Release 2.17 build 87, 1/8/2005
- When out of licenses TMS will show the
workstations running TMS.
- Corrected problem in SQL server availability
routine when SQL is running on Windows Server 2003 SP1
- Corrected problem with Window->AutoOrganize
- Corrected problem in the Orderlist report + layout changes
- Help (F1) now calls TMS.pdf iso TMS.chm (v2 helpfile)
- various improvements and layout corrections (lost track)
Release 2.16 build 84, 1/4/2005
- The lend time of overdue items in the lends
overview are now colored red
- added 'Add items to stock' in Edit menu.
- When an Employee or Product has a history the
delete action will offer to deactivate instead.
- fix: /ini commandline didn't accept multiple
spaces between ini and configfile
- fix: some minor flaws in the add to stock screen
- Delete history now optionally deletes non
serialized issued items
- /SetDefaults commandline; reset value
NumEmployeeLen to 6 in AppConfig
- fmEmployeeEdit; changed 'Retired' button to
- fmProductEdit; changed 'Phased out' button to
- fmEditItemPrice; improved with TcNumEdit and
- AppLib:ParseFormulaData() + fmToolBag; toolbag
error for transactions from/to Deactivated employees
- fmFindItem; searching for productcode and companynr
improved (not only from start)
- p_ProcessItemBagItem; increase of
amount (type 7) of productitems logged when using the FORCE command.
Release 2.15 build 80, 15/12/2004
- rptDueCheckItems; storage location added
- added logging of item additions (EM request); ItemNOK type 7 + report
- Error on right mouse click on item when switched
between fmItemsIssued or fmProductItemlist to the lending or stock
overview + possibly erroneous display of popup menu
- Return of Missing, Inspected and repaired
serialized items directly to Issueowner or cluster iso STOCK
- RptDueInspectedItems; Storage location added
expanding Inspection to clusters items and issued
- improved TimeStr display in ItemQuickview history
- Sortorder for date and numeric fields now no
longer in character order but date/num order.
- fmFindItem; improved ProductCode display in results
- fmItemQuickView; enter key now triggers (is equal
- Extra information to an e-mail support message
added like @@version and MDAC version
- rptClusterContent did not have a sortorder; now
set to ProductCode, CompanyNr
Release 2.14 build 76, 11/11/2004
- Added Find Item screen and jump technique to
search for items and jump from one item to another
- Bug fix: Currency symbol now properly displayed
on all reports
- Ability to move an item straight from Issue to
Lend and back (with proper logging)
- Edit Add-Ons in Configuration screen
- Print Storage location on barcode labels
- some bug fixes
Release 2.13 build 74, 15/10/2004
- New Report 'Cluster that are due'
- addition of TMS Add-Ons under 'Extra' via
- direct link to http://tms.objectso.nl website
under help menu
- e-mail support request via mail with TMS and
Windows info implemented
Release 2.12 build 70, 1/10/2004
- New Reports added
- Some minor bug fixes
Release 2.11 build 65, 1/6/2004
- ProductItemList has been redesigned to
Items per StorageLocation
- Duration representation adjusted (D H M)
- Improved numeric entry control implemented (TcNumEdit).
- Some minor bug fixes
Release 2.00..2.10, jan. thru apr. 2004 major
revision of TMS
- Implemented OSOSQLLV lists where possible
(all but Employee, Product and Supplier screens).
- New products (iso only items) can now
transparently be added in 'Add to Stock' screen.
- Adjustable splits added to all manage screens
- Storage Location added to items
- Tool Clusters implemented (NedTrain)
- bugfix: override of stop from lends where the
stock is 0 not possible
- Improved handling of itembag errors and improved suggest solution
- Added barcode data junk filter to the itembag
- Added ItemCheck screens + report (NedTrain)
- Added Retention of ItemNOK and logging data
- Changes to the way global settings
- Rename of an EmployeeID enabled (replaces
- Improved Edit of Item information like price and storage
- Lots of new reports and possibilities and
improved user interface
- Various technical improvements such as
starting different TMS databases via the /INI parameter, support
of UDL files etc...
Release 1.30, dec.2003
- Implemented the 'unique' serial number concept
while keeping the product/serial concept intact.
- Convert TGUIS id's to TGUID
Release 1.23 build 48, march 2003
- Implemented OSOSQLLV lists in stock and lending item lists
- Bug fix: Orderlist doesn't show products of
which the stock is exactly 0 (it does show products which have a
stock below threshold)
- Various minor improvements and bug fixes
Release 1.22 build 34, sept. 2002
- Registration and activation method v2
implemented which supports the usage count.
- Added the Productitemlist screen which
displays all items per product group regardless the status
Release 1.20..1.21, aug. 2002
- Added the Issue items feature (for ExxonMobil Safety Shop RR)
- Various minor improvements and bug fixes
Release 1.10 build 16, august 2001
- Various reports and screens added
- Some minor improvements and bug fixes
Release 1.00..1.03 (build 11), jan. 2000
- december 1999 the first 32 bit version with barcode support in
production at Esso Rotterdam Refinery toolroom.
- late 1999 v1.00 beta released, tested and old data converted.
GBS 1.0 for Windows 3.1 (pilot)
In early 1995 Object Software developed a simple Windows based
Gereedschap Beheer System (=Tool
Management System in Dutch) pilot
to investigate the replacement of the DOS based BAG v3 written in Dataflex 2.3 with a Windows 3.1 version. The use of barcode readers
was also investigated as part of the project. Due to the bankruptcy
of Fokker Aircraft in December 1995 this 16-bit Windows version of
GBS has never outgrown its investigative stage.
BAG for DOS
In 1990 René and a colleague were hired to solve some major
performance issues and add new functionality to a, by Fokker
Aircraft, internally developed Beheer Administratie Gereedschap (=~ Tool
Management System in Dutch) BAG written in Dataflex. This system
was then completely redesigned in Dataflex 2.3 enriched with C
routines to accommodate all new functionality wishes and, most
importantly, solve the performance problems of BAG. The hand-out
of a new tool cluster to a employee took about 5 minutes in the old
BAG program. Due to smart data modelling in the new version this was brought
back to 1 second on the same computer system (stand-alone at first,
later running in a LAN). After the rebuild was
completed René, has
maintained, supported and added new functionality to this BAG
system until Fokker Aircraft went bankrupt in 1995.
- Complete Crystal Reports based reporting enabling customers to customize the reports
- Mark damages on barcode reader.
- Stock counting using barcode readers (iso report).